Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Gratitudes 8/8-8/13/14

“It's Wednesday. I am alive. I am breathing. God has given me another today. I am thankful. I am blessed. God is Good. Just for today ... I will look for joy in all things. I will enjoy what is beautiful. I will listen. I will learn. I will believe.” ~ Lori Homeyer

“Give and receive with gratitude. Do the former, without expectation of, the latter.” ~ Jaeda DeWalt

“Perhaps gratitude and love are one and the same.” ~ Erica Goros

“People are complaining of having rags and not riches, but I find it a blessing just to have rags, to wipe away the dirt and dust that may come in the course of life.” ~ Anthony Liccione

“Saying thanks to the world, and acknowledging your own accomplishments, is a great way to feel good and stay positive.” ~ Rachel Robins

“Today I am so grateful that God knows my heart.
Others may misunderstand my good intentions,
judge my words or deeds, find fault,
or blame what they truly do not understand.
But God knows my heart.
He knows I am learning, trying, endeavoring,
to be all He created me to be.” ~ Lori Nawyn

Today, and for the past several days, I am/have been grate*full...

1. for an automatic deposit from oDesk.
2. that my unemployment payment has been released.
3. that even though I've been out of work for over a month, I'm only on my fourth week of unemployment because of working the oDesk jobs.
4. that John shut off the second alarm (usually, if I get up after the first alarm, I'm the one who has to go back and shut off the second alarm, because John either doesn't hear it or chooses to ignore it).
5. for coffee.
6. for the drive through pharmacy at Rite Aid.
7. that I got to see Kristina yesterday.
8. for getting stuff for the students of the Everybody Can Play Music Collective.
9. for a good night's sleep.
10. for Joey Show on DVD (that's Friends).
11. that this sinus business seems to have passed.
12. that it was nice out Monday to clean my comforters.
13. for the ability to be flexible with plans.
14. for Nutella and jelly sandwiches (or Nujelly and sammich as Marc calls it).
15. for coffee (two different days, it counts LOL).
16. for "breathe in gratitude, breathe out negativity."
17. that Rachael Evalyn Courtney Shook takes her medicine so well.
18. that she seems to be doing so much better.
19. for the ability to begin again.
20. that I found a highlighter last night to work on my Arts Management reading.
21. for my to-do list.
22. for my husband - that he does laundry, cooks, and cleans.
23. for 750 words.
24. for hot showers.
25. for the roof over my head.
26. for my oDesk jobs.
27. for the interview I have this week.
28. for my iTunes gift card.
29. for my printer.
30. for clean, safe water to drink.
31. and to John Shook, Jr., for fixing my glasses so they don't fall off my face every time I bend or nod.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment