Saturday, March 15, 2014

15 gratitudes (3/13, 3/14, and 3/15/14)

“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” ~ Alphonse Karr

So I'm behind (again, don't have a heart attack and die from that surprise) and posting 15 gratitudes today :)

Today I am grate*full...

1. for a morning spent just me and the kids.
2. that the Cats won today.
3. for naps. Ever since I found out how bad the arthritis in my knees is, I've had a lot of fatigue. That and planning a recital takes a lot out of you too. Ideas running in your head tire you out like running a marathon.
4. that my godmother and I found each other on Facebook. (OK so she didn't actually stand up for me at baptism but the people who did abandoned me when I was three and they and my parents had a falling out; Diane stood up for me at confirmation and has been more of a godmother to me than they ever were godparents.)
5. that my husband is a quick-thinking handyman who doesn't panic!
6. that the New York Mets are on the air.
7. that my Melanie, seeing that we were watching the Mets, quickly shed her pajama top in favor of her David Wright t-shirt! Clearly I have been doing something right.
8. for sunny weather today.
9. that nothing major appeared to be wrong at my next-door neighbor Wayne's house as the fire department and gas company showed up this morning!
10. for Melanie's creativity. She took some of the scraps that we made while making her leprechaun trap for school and made a paper doll out of them.
11. for fresh perspectives.
12. for late night time with Melanie.
13. for Rachael "singing" (she says "la la la") and dancing. We had the Pandora on and Rachael and Melanie were rocking out.
14. for the internet. I've been trolling for the past hour looking for a good oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe :)
15. for the new stand mixer that's going to enable me to make said oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment