Monday, March 3, 2014

Gratitudes 2/27/14 - present

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." ~ Marcel Proust

Over the past few days I have been grate*full...

1. that I got so much done Saturday toward completing my homework, and that my family was flexible with me to let me go elsewhere to work kid-free.
2. that my bills are paid...almost all of them for the month.
3. for my beautiful children. John was fixing the piano bench that belongs at our UU Fellowship last night. It was requiring him to drill. Rachael was sitting in her generic Bumbo seat and was tired, and the drilling was freaking her out. So I picked her up and held her until John was finished drilling and she fell asleep in my arms. It was so sweet.
4. that we had a really fun family dinner Saturday night with my father-in-law
5. for FlyLady and the things she encourages us to do. Menu planning being among them. 6. For my son's imagination. He just asked me to be a "big cement truck." So I was imitating a diesel engine. He thought I sounded like a motorcycle at first so he said, "No, Mommy, not mo-cycle!" I said, "No, big diesel engine!" And he said, "OK, do it again."
7. That my husband does so much with the house and the kids and keeps this place looking and feeling amazing.
8. For Nutella and jelly sandwiches.
9. That Marc loves his Tonka truck shirt that I got him. I knew he would.
10. That I was able to donate to 750 Words and my friend Adrien Gleason's Strings for Schools project.
11. That I finally got the Social Services monkey off my back (a bill paid).
12. That my husband found his heavy socks. We're going to need them if it's going to go down to -11 on Monday night.
13. That Memphis beat Louisville and Virginia beat Syracuse. I was not happy that UK lost to South Carolina (South Carolina?! Really?!) but those two other losses made me happy.
14. That the NHL is scheduling outdoor hockey games. I think that's super cool.
15. That I'm taking Melanie to see the Wizard of Oz next Saturday. I'm so excited!
16. That the skunk smell I was smelling in the house Saturday night turned out not to be my imagination. I mean, I'm not grateful that there was a skunk outside, but I am grateful that my imagination is not playing those kinds of mean tricks on me LOL.
17. For contingency plans. I have a certain amount of items I want to accomplish on my to-do list every morning. Certain items can be put by the wayside if I need to in case of oversleeping or something like that.
18. For Cars on DVD for Marc during the night. I know, I know, I just watched a news report that said to eliminate screen time for kids when they're supposed to be sleeping, but it's the only thing that cuts into my racing thoughts and so they got used to it when we lived at my father-in-law's house. So he got used to it.
19. That this miserably long, cold, and snowy winter will soon be coming to an end, at least on the calendar.
20. That, hopefully, today, we will get to the bottom of this medical problem that I've been having and that medication, not a surgical procedure, will remedy it.
21. For the ability to begin again.
22. For Peni and JoAnn, my stalwart companions on the gratitude path.
23 For a warm coat, gloves, and a scarf.
24. For my Keurig
25. For coffee.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment