“Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” ~ Lionel Hampton
Today I am grate*full...
1. that Melanie felt better enough to go back to school today.
2. that, as of right now, neither Marc nor I have strep, although we both have sore throats and fevers.
3. for one of our students who made me smile today, on a day when it was very much needed.
4. for my friend Stacy. She's one of a kind.
5. that I didn't get killed when someone came the wrong way down a one-way street this morning on my way to work. OMG.
OK so those are backdoor gratitudes today. But I still came up with five, and I'm feeling like crap. Focusing on things you're grateful for makes the universe take notice and provide you with more opportunities to be grateful.