Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Gratitudes 6/13/14 to present

OMG how have I gotten so behind?

"I have had friends who have acted kindly towards me, and it has been my good fortune to have it in my power to give them substantial proofs of my gratitude." ~ Giacomo Casanova

"Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude." ~ Joseph Wood Krutch

"God is always coming to you in the Sacrament of the Present Moment. Meet and receive Him there with gratitude in that sacrament." ~ Evelyn Underhill

"Gratitude to gratitude always gives birth." ~ Sophocles

"One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay 'in kind' somewhere else in life." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"I've always had that gratitude that I had the opportunity to pursue my potential. So I think my story says that, when women are given the chance and the opportunity, that we can achieve a lot. We deliver. We can make the world a better place, one butt at a time." ~ Sara Blakely

Today I am grate*full...

1. for my house.
2. for my vehicle.
3. for my children.
4. for music.
5. for the people I work with (well, most of them).
6. for air conditioning in my office and my car.
7. for the hole punch in our office.
8. for having Monica, Lethia, and Chris over on Saturday when we were running the yard sale.
9. that we met our goal with our yard sale.
10. that I had warm clothes to wear when the weather was not what we expected.
11. for my new leopard print Snuggie.
12. for my well-insulated house.
13. that my big girl (who is still my baby girl) has the dollhouse I never had growing up.
14. That Jake bought me and Laurie lunch last Thursday, because I had leftovers to eat on Friday, and the lunch I brought to work last Thursday to eat on Monday.
15. that it was Friday last Friday. Two snaps for Friday y'all!
16. for Zantac and Tums. Woke up with horrific acid reflux last night.
17. that Amazon Prime is now offering streaming music in addition to streaming video! 18. for my oDesk job, which I was having fun with. Looking for more!
19. for Pandora. When I typed my prayers into my journal, my Pandora started reacting with songs I love and I don't think that's a coincidence.
20. that my Gmail inbox is cleared out.
21. for cold water.
22. for clean water to drink.
23. for my daughter Rachael's laugh.
24. that we're going to get to host my friend Ashley's kids on July 4th.
25. for free soda! Because the building where I work is closing and being converted into apartments, Pepsi came to get the soda machine yesterday but we had all these sodas left that they had paid for so they're free in the staff lounge. I got enough to cover my lunches for the rest of my time here.
26. for the ability to find prayers online.
27. for leftover pizza.
28. for Mobic. Some days my knee pain (I have bone-on-bone degenerative joint disease in both my knees) is through-the-roof excruciating. The Mobic brings it from 10+ down to about 6 most days.)
29. for Finale Notepad.
30. that I live in a country where we elect representatives and can contact them to make our voices heard.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment