Monday, June 2, 2014

Gratitudes for 5/31, 6/1, and 6/2/14

"Does not the gratitude of the dog put to shame any man who is ungrateful to his benefactors?" ~ Saint Basil

"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect." ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"Silent gratitude isn't very much to anyone." ~ Gertrude Stein


Gratitudes for May 31:

1. that the Corning Free Academy closing ceremony was really wonder*full last night. Lauren Frazer and Amy Smaldone have so much to be proud of.
2. for something work related about which I can't post details.
3. that I got to see my friend Bernie Baldini.
4. for a long snuggle with the Rachmonster this morning.
5. for the idea about the VA jobs. If I can take one or two of those, work them for a period of so many weeks or whatever, and make some money, I can pay our bills and get us out of the hole, and then save up for my training, hotel, and meals for training.

Gratitudes for June 1:

1. for beautiful weather.
2. for Twitter.
3. for my Chronic Pain Support group on Facebook.
4. for coffee.
5. that my hazelnut spread and my coffee creamer made it through the month of May.

Today I am grate*full...
1. for air conditioning in the office and faculty room.
2. for clean water to drink.
3. for beautiful, warm weather. (We really need a hose.)
4. for my beautiful children.
5. for my dear and loving husband.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment