"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans." ~ James Herriot
“Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness.” ~ Steve Maraboli
“Got no checkbooks, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks - I've got the sun in the mornin' and the moon at night.” ~ Irving Berlin
Today I am grate*full...
1. for my handicapped parking tag.
2. for my crutches. They really help get the pressure off my knees. I've been walking almost exclusively on them for two days and they feel a lot better.
3. that a student helped me carry my lunch to the breakroom.
4. that Ms. Barb helped me with my Coke yesterday (I had to carry the can in my teeth because I couldn't maneuver my crutches with it my hand LOL).
5. that my friend Gina carried some flowers up to my office from the staff room yesterday. They're daisies, which were my mother-in-law's favorite. Roses are my favorite, but they didn't have any roses, and pansies were my mom's, but they didn't have any pansies either, so I took some daisies.
6. that I got to see Jan, my predecessor, today.
7. for super yummy cucumbers.
8. for hope.
9. for Pandora.
10. for the song "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World (which came along at the absolute opportune moment)
11. for the Corning Free Academy bracelets I found in a drawer at work.
12. for sunny weather.
13. that I get to have lunch with my husband and kids today at work.
14. for our babysitters.
15. for my Corning Free Academy bracelet.
16. for real Nutella.