Monday, February 10, 2014

Gratitudes 2/9/14 and 2/10/14

So, dear readers, once again, I owe you ten gratitudes!

Keeping gratitudes every day for a year doesn't have to mean January 1-December 31. You can make any day the beginning of the "year." So today is February 10, and my year goes from February 10, 2014-February 9, 2015. In this manner, I don't have to beat myself up for not having done it "right."

Something I've learned by trying to be proactive about expressing my gratitude is that there is not a "right" or "wrong" way to express gratitude. When it gets expressed, my life is better.

All of that said, here's today's gratitude quote: "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." ~ Melody Beattie (if you've never read her books, go get them. Do yourself a favor!)

And today I am grate*full...

1. that I saw four deer on my way to work, none of whom ran in front of my car! Three were running across the soccer field behind Broadway Middle School, and one was standing alongside Route 352 near Oldies But Goodies at the intersection of Winters Road. Beautiful and majestic creatures, they are.

2. Today was a relatively uneventful day at work.

3. John did the laundry.

4. We got to celebrate the birthday of a little girl who is friends with Melanie and Marc yesterday. Her name is Ezra, and she turned 5. Her mom, Sarah, is a friend of ours. We got to see friends we hadn't had the chance to see in a while, which was nice.

5. Roads were OK on the way to work this morning. I was a little worried after driving out of my unplowed neighborhood and down a kind of sketchy Broadway.

6. My friend Stacy has been giving me water bottles to recycle to contribute to the GoFundMe campaign.

7. For my Les Miserables radio station on Pandora.

8. For Schenectady VanCurler Music.

9. For Mary Kay Satin Lips lip balm.

10. That John was driving yesterday when it was snowing and the roads were bad.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment