Friday, December 27, 2013

Gratitudes 12/27/13

Getting out of the house to go to work was hard this morning. I admit it. But...

1. I'm grate*full that I have a job. Many people who have been out of work long-term are about to have their unemployment benefits terminated, and at least locally to me, I'm not seeing the job market get much better. I have two (relatively) new college degrees and some new marketable skills, and I'm still taking every civil service test I qualify for trying to get a job on which I can support a family of five.

2. I'm also grate*full to have a job that I actually like. If I had trouble getting out of the house (just because my kids were being so stinking cute and I wanted to stay home with them) to go to a job I like, can you imagine how much harder it would have been to get out of the house to go to a job that I hated?

3. I'm grate*full for my two new followers and people who have expressed interest in my gratitude challenge. I've never done anything like this before so to be perfectly frank, I'm not sure what I'm doing but I am grate*full that people are willing to undertake the journey with me.

4. As usual, I'm grate*full for Pandora. I created a "Hair Bands" station today and at first, I wasn't too keen on it. But it's growing on me.

5. I'm grate*full for the Keurig in the office. I am enjoying a delight*fully succulent cup of Italian dark roast with Irish Creme ID creamer and Sweet 'n' Low. It's very tasty.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment