Friday, May 23, 2014

Gratitudes 5/23/14

"Reflect upon your present blessings -- of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." ~ Charles Dickens

Today I am grate*full...

1. for our amazing babysitters, Monica and Lethia.

2. for enough food to eat. Our cupboards are rapidly getting bare, but compared to the truly hungry in the world, we are richly blessed, and I would be wise to remember that.

3. for clean water to drink. I try so hard not to take this for granted.

4. for the love and support of my immediate family and good friends.

5. for the safe arrival of my new great niece, Livia Ruth McDuffee, eight days ago! I can't believe I didn't post about that! She is definitely her mother's daughter! I have seen pictures so far where she looks just like my brother (so there are some Brown genes in there), and just like my brother-in-law, her grandfather (so there are some Phillips genes in there too!). Big sister Lainie is the spitting image of her dad, except for one thing: like Harry Potter, she may look like her father, but she has her mother's eyes. I love all six of my great nieces...Sara, Emma, Ally, Ashlee, Lainie, and Livia :)

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment