Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gratitudes 5/7/14

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
~ William Arthur Ward

I'm going to be brutally honest. I'm having a hard time. I'm losing my job at the end of next month. Finding things to be grateful for is very difficult for me right now, but I am plodding through, because expressing my gratitude is one of the "big three" things I do to tolerate distress. I journal, I pray, and I express my gratitude. And when those three don't work, I color and blow bubbles and basically declare mutiny on adulthood for fifteen minutes or an hour or however long it takes until the distress passes.

So today, May 7, 2014, I am grate*full...

1. for the lives of my friend Ryan and my step-granddaughter Kristina, who both have birthdays today. Also my friend Carolyn.
2. for dbtselfhelp.com
3. for the support of family and friends.
4. for being able to talk to my bestie on gtalk during work.
5. that my desk is slowly but surely getting cleaned off.
6. that I made serious progress on the programs yesterday.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment