Monday, May 26, 2014

Gratitudes for 5/25/14 and 5/26/14

"Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy." ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The discipline of gratitude is the explicit effort to acknowledge that all I am and have is given to me as a gift of love, a gift to be celebrated with joy." ~ Henri Nouwen

Today I am grate*full...

1. The origins of Memorial Day may have become somewhat muddled, but I'm grate*full to whoever created this day of rest and celebration to honor those who have gone before us and those who have bravely served our nation. I am especially grate*full for the service of my father and father-in-law.

2. that it's 11:48 AM and I'm still in my pajamas.

3. that the weather is absolutely gorgeous.

4. that my husband finished mowing the lawn.

5. for good times spent with good friends. Our babysitters Monica and Lethia came over yesterday and we played Monopoly and we couldn't stop laughing. It was so much fun.

6. for hugs and snuggles from my Marc.

7. for hugs and snuggles from my Rachael.

8. for hugs and snuggles from my Melanie.

9. for a warm bed to sleep in.

10. for hot showers.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment