Monday, July 7, 2014

Gratitudes for 7/6 and 7/7/14

Sorry, guys, I wrote gratitudes for yesterday but didn't end up posting them. Dropped the ball in so many ways yesterday. Trying to pick them back up and start juggling again.

"An attitude of gratitude increases abundance and diminishes fear." ~ Jeffrey Fry.

"I started a Thank You club. You're welcome." ~ Jarod Kintz

Today I am grate*full...

1. for our home. I do love our little house.
2. for the sound of my son Marc singing the Alphabet Song and getting it allllllllll wrong. It was so sweet and cute and funny.
3. for this face that my daughter Rachael makes.
4. for the active imagination of my daughter Melanie.
5. for my dear and loving husband John who takes his elderly father to appointments, cooks, cleans, does the laundry, and takes out the trash around here. He's super-dad!
6. for the very thoughtful response I got to an online job application.
7. for a funny thing that literally just happened. John sat down with a drink of water in his hand. Marc comes up and says, "Can I have a sip?" (This is the only way we can get this child to drink water so we usually indulge him.) John says, "There's only about a swallow left. I was going to drink it myself." I said, "You?! Drink your own drink?! That's MADNESS!" Marc starts laughing hysterically, comes and gives me a high five and says, "That was awesome, Mommy!" (He's three.)
8. that my friend Katie's daughter Lola is one year old today! Happy birthday Lolabean!
9. that our first board meeting for Everybody Can Play is tonight.
10. for my gratitude practice. This whole being unemployed thing could drive me right into bed for days, but for this practice, my journaling, and my praying.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment