Thursday, July 10, 2014

Gratitudes for 7/9/14 and 7/10/14

“Those who really can receive bread from a stranger and smile in gratitude, can feed many without even realizing it. Those who can sit in silence with their fellow man not knowing what to say but knowing that they should be there, can bring new life in a dying heart. Those who are not afraid to hold a hand in gratitude, to shed tears in grief, and to let a sigh of distress arise straight from the heart, can break through paralyzing boundaries and witness the birth of a new fellowship, the fellowship of the broken.” ~ Henri Nouwen

“Work filled with inspiration is worship.
A heart filled with courage is unbreakable.
A life filled with gratitude is fulfilled.” ~ GG Renee Hill

Today I am grate*full...(and I need 10)
1. for Nutella and jelly sandwiches. We ran out of bread yesterday and I didn't get to have any.
2. for coffee. A second cup is warranted this morning, but after I get a shower.
3. for the ability to begin again.
4. to have known my father's best friend Al Topping and to have exchanged Christmas cards with him the past few years. I found out yesterday that he passed away on July 3.
5. for OTC meds that deal with some of the symptoms I have.
6. for clean water to drink.
7. for a printer at home.
8. for plenty of printer paper.
9. for my dear and loving husband who runs to the store for me for milk and bread, and who makes me Nutella and jelly sandwiches when he would rather be doing something else.
10. for the game of peek-a-boo Rachael played with me this morning.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment