Today I am grate*full...
1. I'm seeing a lot of gratitude expressed in my little world today, and it does my heart good.
2. I made a recipe today that could have turned completely disastrous. Something I'd never made before, when we were having company over...and my husband and I at least both liked it. It was a little too spicy for my father-in-law, and I'd probably scale back on the red-pepper flakes next time, but I made Hoppin' John to bring us good luck in the new year. I got the recipe here:
3. My father-in-law brought us a bottle of sparkling wine for the New Year :)
4. My back is feeling much better today.
5. We have plenty of food in the house to weather the impending winter storm. And yes, I did buy four loaves of bread. We do have plenty of milk and eggs, though. However, our local Tops was doing a 200-gas-points special and all the eggs that qualified for that special were sold out LOL.
Happy New Year, friends!
Remember you can sign up to receive e-mail reminders at firstname.lastname@example.org
I also created a Facebook page here