Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gratitudes 1/30/14

"Turn positive facts into positive experiences, savor these experiences, and sense them sinking in." ~Rick Hanson

Today I am grate*full...

1. For this commercial. Normally, at about 1:30 every afternoon, I check to see what teachers are going to have substitutes the next school day and run their rosters and stuff. But tomorrow is a conference day, so there are no kids, therefore, teachers don't need subs. I am working tomorrow, so I can run stuff for Monday's subs tomorrow while I'm here and the work is minimal. Whoo-hoo! But when my little reminder to do it popped up in my e-mail, I was like, "Not today!" and that Dikembe Mutombo voice just came out of my mouth.

2. That I got to sing the National Anthem last night for the Elmira Jackals hockey game. A little perk of that was four free tickets. So the whole family got to go, and we just had to pay $3 for Rachael to sit on one of our laps. We had such a good time! Which leads me into my next gratitude...

3. For this song. "This Is Our House" by Bon Jovi. They play it at the Jackals games whenever Elmira scores a goal. I couldn't get it out of my head last night. So after the game while I was waiting for John to pull the car around, I kept singing the refrain, and every time I would sing, "This is our house!" Marc would look at me funny and say, "No, Mommy, this not our house!"

4. For a very good friend having my back.

5. For Cameron, our head custodian, who deals with all manner of grossness and handles it so professionally. I'll spare my readers greater detail, but he did something for me today for which I was incredibly grateful.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment