Friday, January 24, 2014

Gratitudes 1/23/14 and 1/24/14

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude." ~Maya Angelou

Well, apparently, I have one day per week that is particularly challenging to get my gratitudes posted. So, here are ten, for yesterday and today, and today is a new January 1.

The only failure is the failure to begin again.

Today I am grate*full...

1. I am so grateful for my children. I was listening to a colleague talking about her granddaughter and how her son skips his visits and how much time they have had with her this week and I cannot imagine just dumping my children with their grandparents for that long. And I certainly can't imagine if I didn't have them and not showing up for a visit! Marc Everett Thomas Shook was begging me - BEGGING me - to stay home today and it was so hard not to oblige him. Another colleague babysits a three-year-old and her parents....it's like they don't even want her and I just can't fathom that!

2. My W2s are in! And so if I can get everything filed by next week, hopefully I'll have my federal money by February 15. And since I didn't claim my tuition credit last year, I should be able to claim it this year, so I might get an even BIGGER refund than I thought!

3. Extra jackets. It's cold in the office again. The temperature has come up twelve degrees, though, from negative six to six above. But ugh, it's cold.

4. Rachael talking. That was what made it so hard to leave this morning, even more than Marc begging me not to leave. He made me promise to call at lunch time, though. She was laying on the floor and at first she was saying, "Ah-oo, ah-oo, and then she started going ba-ba-ba-ba-ba." She said, "Ma" once and I was hoping she was going to start saying "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" but no such luck.

5. Coffee. It's so freaking cold this morning. And supplies/materials to make coffee both at home and at school. I didn't have to stop and get coffee this morning, although if it's as cold today as it has been the past two days, I reserve the right to stop and get some again. Jeez, it's cold.

6. That the complications with my rationale and PLA grids aren't going to be as cumbersome as I first thought. I just have to revise my rationale and grids at the time I complete the workshops, which is fine.

7. For lip balm. (Again, a weather-related gratitude LOL.)

8. For my husband staying home with the kids. I'm so grateful that I don't have to put them in day care.

9. For coworkers that are true team players. They jump right in.

10. That I can actually take the steps up and down one flight. My knees hurt, but it will get better if I stop eating compulsively and get the weight off, for crying out loud.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment