Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gratitudes 1/29/14

"We only see what we want to see, and hear what we want to hear." ~Don Miguel Ruiz

Today I am grate*full...
1. For lip balm. When it's this cold outside, you've got to have a good one. I thought I forgot mine yesterday and almost stopped to buy a cheapo replacement (it's been below zero up here and if you lick dry lips they get chapped mighty fast).

2. That I found something extremely important that I had lost earlier in the week and have been tearing my hair out trying to find. Turns out it was buried in my backpack, which is NOT someplace I have a habit of putting this particular item. I often gripe about the expression "Well, it'll be in the last place you look." Well, of course it's in the last place you look! Because once you find it, YOU STOP LOOKING. But anyway, this turned out to be in the last place I would THINK OF to look. It wasn't in my purse, it wasn't in my car, it wasn't any of the normal places I would usually keep it. I'm so grateful to have found it because I would have been in big trouble without it.

3. For the website tanga.com. One of my coworkers turned me on to it. He wore some really funny shirts last week and he told me that he'd gotten them from there. They have some awesome ones! And for really good prices too. A lot of them are $9.99 and they only add $.99 for bigger sizes, which I appreciate. A lot of places add like $2 or more.

4. I got a letter earlier in the month from Social Services' investigations unit stating that a referral had been made regarding my case and that I had to come in for an appointment. The investigator's outgoing voice mail made him sound like he was going to be really tough and harsh. I have dealt with some caseworkers at DSS who are like that so going to that building sends my anxiety through the roof. But he sounds much nicer when you actually get him on the phone. There is a gruffness to him but after a few minutes of speaking with him you can tell it's an exterior. So he at least sounds like he'll be objective and not automatically assuming that I'm guilty of whatever I was referred for. (It's either for something valid that's a long story that I'd prefer not to air on the Internet or my sister-in-law trying to stir up shit.) So I'm grate*full that the appointment is scheduled and will soon be over and that the guy seems nicer than I thought at first.

5. My husband made bacon-wrapped pork chops for dinner Monday night. They were amazing. I was going to bring one for lunch yesterday but I forgot it. So I got to have a bacon-wrapped pork chop for lunch today. I'm grate*full for bacon wrapped pork chops. YUM!

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment