Saturday, January 18, 2014

Gratitudes for 1/17 and 1/18/14

"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." ~John Milton

Once again Friday has come and gone, and once again I forgot to post gratitudes on Friday! I didn't remember until after I went to bed.

So today, I owe you ten, and today is another new January 1st for me.

I'm going to get on my soapbox for a moment. I don't pretend to think that my gratitude campaign is any better or worse than anybody else's. There are a lot of different gratitude campaigns out there in cyberspace and I would think that all of us could support one another and spread our gratitudes. Focusing on my blessings instead of everything that's negative in my life has really caused my life to take a turn for the better, and I watch others do it and watch their lives change too. Focusing on gratitude has enable the universe to show me other chances to practice my gratitude and I don't think trying to censor other gratitude campaigns is the way to go.

All of that said, today I am grate*full...

1. For naps.
2. That we moved out of my father-in-law's house. It is proving to be very, VERY good for our marriage.
3. That my friend Veronica is going to save bottles and cans for me for a bottle/can drive I'm doing for my GoFundMe campaign.
4. That I got paid yesterday.
5. That my car insurance and cable are paid. We'll be paying the trash bill tomorrow (well getting the money order to send to the trash company).
6. That my husband made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.
7. That my older two kids got to slide down the hill on a toboggan.
8. For rosy pink playing-in-the-snow cheeks.
9. For hot chocolate with marshmallows.
10. That Rachael is going to sleep in her own room tonight!

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment