In moments of discouragement, defeat,or even despair, there are always certain things to cling to. Little things usually: remembered laughter, the face of a sleeping child, a tree in the wind - in fact, any reminder of something deeply felt or dearly loved. No man is so poor as not to have many of these small candles. When they are lighted, darkness goes away and a touch of wonder remains.
~ Tombstone Inscription In Britain
Today I am grate*full...
1. for calendars. Doesn't that sound weird? But when I can create a study plan, even if I can't always stick to it to the letter, I get more done and feel more accomplished. Today I did a study plan for my upcoming Consumer Behavior class. Earlier this week, I did one for the Organizational Behavior class in which I'm currently carrying an incomplete. I wrote the study plan on my calendar and little by little, it's getting done. And for that, I'm grateful.
2. for pencils. Remember how I said I can't always stick to the study plan to the letter? Well, that's why we pencil it in on the calendar...in case it needs to be revised.
3. for my amazing and flexible coworkers. We had a substitute cancel this morning, and two of our wonderful teaching assistants picked up the slack. I (cringe) also forgot to include a teacher on an important purchasing process for next year. She had every right to be furious with me, and she may be so, but if she is, she hid it well and treated me professionally. I'm always, ALWAYS grateful for the people I work with.
4. that I'm finally getting to meet with the professor for my independent study Managerial Leadership class. He sounds like he's right up my alley and I think I'm really going to enjoy working with him. We have rescheduled this meeting twice and I'm really looking forward to it.
5. that my piano student is taking a break. She made the basketball team and I'm very proud of her. However, the practice schedule and her academics are causing her to have to take a break. I was supposed to go there this Thursday and I'm kind of grateful that I don't this week because my week is jam packed with stuff.