Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gratitudes 1/9/14

"Whatever our individual troubles and
challenges may be, it’s important to pause
every now and then to appreciate all that
we have, on every level."
~Shakti Gawain

Today, I am grate*full...

1. for my handy fix-it husband. There is a broken spring in our garage door and our landlord can't fix it until Monday; however, I can still park in my garage thanks to my handy fix-it husband who devised a temporary solution.

2. that one of our really good friends is a mechanic. The tire pressure light keeps coming on in our van (which is over 10 years old and has over 150,000 miles on it; I'm praying it will last another year and trying to get a job closer to home after my current temporary assignment ends in June) and we have checked the pressure with a tire gauge and everything is coming up kosher, but there is a wobble on the front end, so when Chuck comes over for our monthly game night with friends tomorrow, he's going to take a look at it for us. We know he will steer us right and not into something that's going to cost us loads of unnecessary dollars. It may end up costing loads of dollars, but they won't be unnecessary ones.

3. that the reason three of the schools in our district were placed on lockdown this late morning/early afternoon turned out to be completely ridiculous and there was no real danger (some idiot who doesn't realize you can't DO stuff like that in an urban area was shooting at squirrels).

4. For the all-pink outfit I'm wearing today. It's making the stone in my engagement ring look really pretty. (It's the little things...really.)

5. That my husband and kids were OK this morning. I called and called and nobody answered the phone. I had to send my father-in-law over there to check on them. Whew.

Love~
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment