Saturday, January 11, 2014

Gratitudes for 1/10 and 1/11/14

Hi gratitude challengers,

I'm so sorry I didn't get my gratitudes posted yesterday. It was an insanely busy Friday that didn't actually end until the wee hours of this morning.

So today, I owe you ten gratitudes to be caught up :)

So today I am grate*full...

1. For a wonder*full evening spent with friends last night. We had three other couples and their children over for dinner and a few rousing games of Pass the Pigs.
2. For Pass the Pigs, which I recently discovered, and which is an incredibly fun game.
3. That my son is napping. He rarely takes naps anymore, and it took him climbing on the dining room table to get my husband’s cup of soda, then subsequently spilling it all over the playroom and his bedroom and the kitchen and getting in trouble and having to be sent to his room to get him to nap, but it worked, and he is napping, and I am grateful.
4. For amazingly flexible coworkers who are willing to work with whatever situation comes up. We were short a couple of subs yesterday, and due to some standardized testing that was going on, we were able to combine a couple of classes and re-assign some of the existing subs in the building. It worked well and I am grateful for their flexibility
5. For the internet. We made pulled pork in the slow cooker for the company that was coming over last night and the only side I could think of to go with it was coleslaw, which never gets completely eaten in this house before it goes bad, so I went looking on the internet for a couple of suggestions for alternate sides and my husband made excellent batches of corn pudding and candied sweet potatoes. Delish.
6. That my oldest daughter is getting big enough to be able to play games my husband and I like to play, like Yahtzee and Pass the Pigs.
7. For friends helping friends. One of the couples that came last night ran out of gas on the way over here, and not only were we able to help them a little, one of the other couples helped them out too.
8. For Christmas presents we got today for our children from my daughter Rachael’s godmother. They are beautiful and all fit perfectly. Thanks Lisa!
9. That my father-in-law came over today. My oldest daughter Melanie has really been missing him (we used to live with him; we moved out three months ago).
10. That my garage door is fixed.

Love~
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I just entered a long list since I somehow missed doing this for a few days and then I hit a wrong button or something and it disappeared!

    So instead of writing it all out again I'm going to just say that I have been writing my gratitudes in my little notebook and that lots of them have included my kids lately :-)

    ReplyDelete