Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gratitudes for 1/5/14

Today I am grate*full...

1. to know my BFF, Courtney. (She's a member of our challenge. Her blog is at divainthedell.wordpress.com ). She stopped today to help a family whose van rolled over. As I posted a few days ago, 14 years ago, on January 20, 2000, I had a rollover myself. So I definitely feel for people whose vehicles roll over. Even if you're not seriously hurt, the memory of that never goes away. I'm grate*full that that family had a kind soul like Courtney stop to help them.

2. to my friend Marcia, for rocking my daughter Rachael while I rounded up my older daughter Melanie to leave church. Rachael does not like to be bundled up in her snowsuit and she was really fussy. She is rapidly outgrowing that snowsuit, so...

3. that we have a snowsuit for Rachael in a larger size.

4. for my slow cooker. We made an awesome chicken recipe in the slow cooker today. It's ready...we're just working on the sides. Good thing, too, because I'm starving.

5. that my girls were so well-behaved at Mass this morning. We sat right in the front, and actually got several compliments. My middle child is the wild one...I'm embarrassed to say we don't take him to Mass unless both of us go inside. It takes two of us to corral him, along with several snacks and toys.

Love~
Elizabeth

Follow the gratitude challenge on Twitter using the hashtag #365gratitudes.
Follow me on Twitter @succulentdiva.
Join our Facebook group at 365 Gratitudes
Get e-mail reminders to express your gratitude by sending an e-mail to 365gratitudes@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Today's gratitude is all about being safe in this storm!

    1. The power has stayed on

    2. My husband cleared the driveway four times to stay ahead of the snow.

    3 A warm breakfast of blueberry muffins

    4. Slow Cooker Taco Soup for dinner

    5. We have clean clothes and dishes.

    ReplyDelete